General Linux support
Documentation for CERN supported releases
- CERN CentOS 7 documentation
- Scientific Linux CERN 6 documentation
Scientific Linux CERN 5 documentationSLC 5 support ended March 2019.
Other (mostly release independent)
- Mattermost integration [CC7]. New!
- Phase-out of SMB version 1 protocol (Samba access to Windows shares/DFS). New!
- SLC5, SLC6 and CC7 cloud images for CERN OpenStack New!
- SLC5, SLC6 and CC7 docker images for CERN OpenStack container service New!
- Accessing CERN Linux machines via Kerberos
- CERN Host Certificate AutoEnrollement and AutoRenewal
- Printing from Linux clients (SLC and others) at CERN
- Advanced user account management using LDAP
- Accessing Windows Terminal Services from SLC
- Thunderbird integration with MS Exchange 2007/2010 Calendaring and Tasks
- Using Kerberos (passwordless) authentication for CERN Single Sign On (SSO)
- Using Kerberos (passwordless) authentication for CERN e-mail services
- Pidgin Instant Messaging integration with MS Lync / OCS messaging service
- Direct access to CERN CVI (Hyper-V) guest system console
- CERN Single Sign on authentication using scripts/programs
- Using CERN Smart Cards [ SLC6 ] PILOT
- Accessing MS DFS at CERN (//dfs/cern.ch) [ SLC6 ]
- Mounting DFS file system on Linux [ SLC6 ]
- Accessing MS DFS at CERN (//dfs/cern.ch) [ SLC5 ]
- Configuring RSS feeds (e.g. for cern.alert, cern.market)
- Red Hat support site
- Red Hat Linux Support Knowledgebase