RHEL5 delay - alternatives
First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
Alternative: stick to SLC5 plan?
Stick to original plan, or certify a beta?
- Would have a few online farms on SLC4, rest on SLC5
- Unrealistic! SLC5 too close to LHC startup
- Little to be gained If SLC4 is around as well (have 2.6 kernel, don't foresee immediate requests for Xen)
But: SLC5 will come anyway (newer hardware support etc)
- May get used behind the scenes on hidden services
- May get used on individual laptops/desktops
- Some services will/may try to skip SLC4
- But can discuss release/certification schedules later..