CERN Linux installation service¶
See: SLC5 installation instructions.
CERN test / under certification / distributions
Red Hat Enterprise Linux licensed distributions
Fedora Linux distributions provided AS IS
** - Access is restricted to valid license owners only, only from CERN internal networks and only over
Automatic Installation Management System (AIMS)
To ease the installation of a large number of machines we propose to use the kickstart based Automatic Installation Mnanagement System, AIMS.
Note: Access to all unsupported and obsolete Linux versions (CERN and Red Hat) has been disabled (this includes following versions):
- CERN: 4.1 5.1 6.1 6.1.1 7.2.1 7.3.1 7.3.2 7.3.3 CEL3 slc302 slc303 slc304 slc305 slc306 slc307 slc308
- Red Hat Linux: 6.1 6.2 7.2 7.3 8 9
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux: 2.1 3
- Fedora Linux: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
- All ia64 (Itanium II) SLC versions
The CERN Linux AFS repository is located at /afs/cern.ch/project/linux/
It's directory layout matches the one on the installation server. (Except for Fedora Linux distributions which are accessible from linuxsoft.cern.ch only)
For Scientific Linux CERN 6 you'll find files in
- the AFS directory /afs/cern.ch/project/linux/cern/slc6X/
- over HTTP on http://linuxsoft.cern.ch/cern/slc6X/
over FTP on ftp://linuxsoft.cern.ch/cern/slc6X/FTP installation method has been removed in 2015. over NFS on nfs://linuxsoft.cern.ch/cern/slc5X/NFS installation method has been removed in 2013.